We believe in being as transparent around fees as possible, so we are happy to disclose our fees online. Being independent, we have no obligations to any one provider of products. Instead, we work for you.
Not all firms charge for their services in the same way. With many restricted firms, clients are sold products with multiple levels of complex fees which only serve the interest of the salesperson or company. We think this is wrong.
We do things differently
- We have no hidden charges; zero commissions, initial fund charges, trailer fees or exit penalties commission
- We always fully disclose our fees before commencing work
- We adhere to the fiduciary standard that our clients know us to deliver
- The process of gathering data and identifying your goals is done through an initial discovery meeting, which is a free, no-obligation session.
- It’s simply a chance for us to get to know you and identify the challenges you face in achieving the things that are important to you.
Planning and implementation:
- Minimum fixed fee of £1,500.
- This fee is due on completion and delivery of your financial plan, which contains all our tailored recommendations for you. If more complex and in-depth advice is required then we reserve the right to charge a higher fee, but this will always be agreed with you in advance.
Our ongoing service ensures that you stay on the right track to achieving your goals.
- Prior to, or at the time of making our recommendations to you, we will agree the level of ongoing services required.
- Typically, our costs are 0.75% per annum subject to a £1,875 per annum minimum.
- These costs are based on the value of your investment(s) at each 12-month anniversary and are paid pro rata in arrears.
- We are also able to offer a fixed fee service where suitable.
Our ongoing relationship involves regular face-to -face meetings, typically covering the following areas:
- Analysis of any changes in regulation/legislation, and investment and economic circumstances
- Reviewing your progress in achieving your financial goals, and revising strategies as required
- Monitoring, valuing and reviewing your investment portfolios
- Informing you of changing regulatory and planning opportunities
- Regular communication including face-to-face meetings as required/preferred
We believe in the power of capital markets to deliver positive long-term returns that lead to wealth accumulation. For the equities market, in particular, we believe that public markets exhibit efficient characteristics over the long term. For the individual investor, it is thus not desirable to try to forecast or outguess other market participants.
We focus our efforts on building data-driven portfolios to get broad market exposure with a tilt towards characteristics that have been proven to capture premiums undervalued by the equities markets. We believe in creating diversified investment portfolios, which generate the highest possible expected return for every level of risk taken by an investor.
For Private Capital, this means continuously searching the investment universe for products that will improve risk-return tradeoff in our portfolios. We understand that fees dramatically affect long-term returns, and endeavor to continuously lower fees for our customers by leveraging our collective scale to create cost synergies. You can learn more about our investment philosophy here.
Financial markets have historically rewarded long-term investors, and provided growth of wealth that has more than offset inflation. Over time, markets display efficient characteristics and investors are rewarded commensurately for the risks that they take. Taking an evidence-based approach to investing means analyzing empirical data and academic evidence and applying it in a systematic manner rather than trying to speculate or outguess other market participants. The aim of evidence-based investing is to give you the highest probability of success in growing your wealth over the long-term.
Academic research has identified certain drivers of higher expected returns, and we structure our portfolios to capture these higher returns whilst maintaining a broad global market exposure. We believe in creating diversified investment portfolios, which generate the highest possible expected return for every level of risk taken by an investor. For Private Capital, this means continuously searching the investment universe for products that will improve risk-return tradeoff in our portfolios. We understand that costs dramatically affect long-term returns, and endeavor to implement efficient trading execution and continuously lower fees for our clients where possible.
Private Capital has done extensive due diligence and analysis to make asset allocation and portfolio construction decisions to select the best funds for our client portfolio. We utilise the expertise of some of the most respected fund management companies whose interests are aligned in serving you, and who share our values and investment philosophy. We offer investment products exhibiting consistent investment characteristics and offer these at attractive institutional-level costs. These fund managers manage the underlying funds in your portfolio.
We may at times choose to alter our portfolios at the discretion of our investment committee, to deploy other funds from other fund management companies if we feel it is the best way to express our asset allocation views, or if the additional funds improve the risk-return profile of the portfolio.